French American Oak Chips
- Oak Chips are a fast and economical way to add oak barrel flavor to any beer.
- Oak Chips are made from seasoned American Oak staves which are chipped down and toasted to create flavors similar to what you’d get from a barrel.
- The available toast levels are Medium, Medium +, and Heavy.
- Each toasting level creates different flavors in the oak; not a greater intensity of impact in your beer.
- Because of the high surface area, oak chips can extract quickly and care should be taken not to overdo it.
- Suggested Dosage is 1-2 oz per 5 gallons.
- Open Oak Pak and add the oak chips to 1 cup of hot water in step 1.
- Let the oak chips soak in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Add the water and the oak chips to the primary fermenter.