- This strain can be used to reproduce many American versions of classic beer styles but has been gaining popularity for its use in East Coast IPAs.
- East Coast Ale is cleaner and crisper than other haze producing strains.
- It possesses a similar neutral character to WLP001 California Ale Yeast® with slightly higher ester production.
- This strain’s attenuation leaves some mouthfeel and residual sweetness which balances hop bitterness.
- It’s a great all-around strain for balanced, accessible beer styles such as blondes, pale ales, and amber ales.
Strain Type: Ale | Flocculation: Low-Medium | Attenuation: 70%-75%
Temperature Range: 68-73° F (20-23° C) | STA1: Negative | Alcohol Tolerance: 5-10%