ORGANIC DRIED CHAMOMILE FLOWERS 2oz
Your package includes organic loose leaf chamomile flowers, carefully dried and preserved for long term shelf stability.
LOOKING FOR A WAY TO UNWIND?
Chamomile flowers steeped in hot water make for a delightful herbal infusion that aids in relaxation. Great for before bed, or any time of the day since it is caffeine-free!
BUTTERY & FRUITY TASTE
The smell and taste of chamomile is unlike any other tea. It’s buttery and sweet, refreshing and fruity. Great for a cup of tea on its own or for infusing flavors into your favorite culinary creations.
To enjoy a cup of tea on its own:
- Bring 8 fl oz of water to a boil, remove from heat.
- Add 2 grams (1 heaping teaspoon) to tea to an infuser, tea bag or straight into your cup.
- Pour water over the flowers.
- Let steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain or remove the flowers, then enjoy!
To use for brewing kombucha:
- PRIMARY FERMENTATION: To use chamomile in your primary fermentation, replace ½ of the normal tea called for kombucha with dried chamomile flowers and brew like normal. For instructions on brewing kombucha, visit https://fermentaholics.com/how-to-brew-kombucha-at-home/. For a totally caffeine-free kombucha brew, use ½ chamomile, ½ rooibos tea.
- SECONDARY FERMENTATION: You can also use chamomile to flavor a secondary fermentation instead of using it in the primary. Simply make a chamomile tea concentrate, let cool fully and add to the bottles with finished kombucha. You can add lavender, hibiscus or rose hips to make a fabulous floral kombucha flavor. For more information about secondary fermentation, visit https://fermentaholics.com/kombucha-second-fermentation/
Our Mission Is Your Success
Fermentaholics is a team dedicated to making your homebrewing and home fermenting experience a success. From the moment you place your order, you gain immediate access to our network of fermentation experts here to help you along your journey. No matter your question or concern, we are here to provide the correct guidance and support to help you accomplish your fermentation goals. From batch to batch and brew to brew, we’ve got your back.