- Hefeweizen Ale I is a classic German wheat strain.
- The yeast is a cloudy, big top cropper. Presenting banana and clove flavors
- Increased temperature turns up esters, wort density, and decreased pitch rate
- Lower temperatures to stay muted and have the clove stand out more.
- Overpitching the strain can lessen the banana.
- Sulfur conditions out
Strain Type: Ale | Flocculation: Low | Attenuation: 73-77%
Temperature Range: 64–75° F (18–24° C) | Diastatic: No
Phenolic: Yes | Alcohol Tolerance: 10% ABV