Amylase Enzyme Powder
- Home Brewing: Amylase Enzyme is most commonly used by all-grain brewers to add to a high adjunct mash that may be low in enzymes which aid in converting starches into sugar. It is also used to prevent starch in your beer which leads to hazy beer.
- Natural Product: Amylase powder is natural, gluten-free and contains no harmful chemicals.
- High Utility: Amylase enzyme is an important component in various industrial as well as domestic purposes including home brewing. Naturally produced in our saliva, it breaks down the starch molecules into smaller sugar molecules.
- Advantages: Usually, the enzyme amylase is used when mashing when there are not a sufficient amount of naturally occurring enzymes, mainly due to lots of adjuncts in the mash.
- Increased Fermentation: In a brewer's mash, the transformation enzymes are responsible for breaking the insoluble, complex, and large molecules of starch into smaller and soluble sugar molecules. Amylase is responsible for creating fermentable sugar because it systematically breaks down starch to maltose.